For the past few years we've run a "TaskMagic3PGCE extended trial", where TaskMagic has worked with university PGCE tutors to provide trainees with a free version of the TaskMagic software.
We're doing it again this year :0)
BUT... some thoughts for you to consider if you are an ITT provider:
- Introducing PGCE students to TaskMagic works best if you can spend some time
demonstrating its usefulness, rather than just saying "here's a free download
you can get - go and try it out".
- It may even be best to save it until
later in the course, once students have spent a bit of time teaching.
often PGCE students do not know enough about the ins and outs of
preparing lessons, differentiation, getting the most from existing
resources, exploiting texts etc... to be able to appreciate just how
much a tool such as TaskMagic can do and just what a time-saver it can be.
- What we certainly do NOT want is for PGCE students to have a negative or indifferent experience with TaskMagic which causes them to dismiss it, having failed to grasp what it's all about.
- So please - pretty please - spend a bit of time looking at what it can do. See the TaskMagic website; this TaskMagic blog which is packed full of resources.
Thank you for your understanding. Please read on for more details:
The scheme allows trainee teachers / PGCE students to download a special extended trial version of TaskMagic3 for use on their own computers or laptops, which works until the end of July 2017.
TaskMagic3PGCE, as with all TaskMagic3 programs, only works on Windows (XP - Windows 10 inclusive). So please don't ask for a Mac version...
Also note that TaskMagic works with roman script only (so not with languages such as Arabic, Chinese, Japanese etc)
Teacher trainees can use the TaskMagic3PGCE program in a number of ways:
1. If on placement at a school which uses TaskMagic3, they can use their own version at home to create engaging interactive games and exercises for use at school.
2. If they install TaskMagic3PGCE on their own laptop, and their placement school has no objection, they can take their laptop into school and connect it to an interactive whiteboard.
3. They can use TaskMagic3PGCE to print worksheets for use at school or for homework.
TaskMagic3PGCE must NOT be installed on any school computers.
In order for trainee teacher to participate in the TaskMagicPGCE scheme, their PGCE subject tutors must contact us to request to take part, and they must provide a list of trainees on their course for us to check against.
See full details in the pdf below.